Monday, June 8, 2009

Ok, so I was threatened if I didn't post anything. . .so here it is:


Another Ren Faire!

I went out to Rogersville (east TN) to the Shakespeare and Friends Ren Faire. While nowhere near as large as the TN Ren Faire, it was still fun.
I got my parents to go with me.

I'll give a brief overview:

We started out by listening to some lively music by the MacAlum Celtic Band (after a fun exchange between me and the leader of the band). After that, it was walking around looking at the vendors. I ended up buying a beautiful chainmail choker. We then got lunch (finally got my turkey leg!) and watched the Johnny Phoenix show. We sat for a while in the shade after that (it was starting to get warm) and people-watched for a time. I met up with the gentleman playing Shakespeare and discovered it was a professor from my college - he was over the theater dept. and had retired my sophomore year; I had a bit part in one of his last productions (see pic below). We then watched the second half of the Johnny Phoenix show, then decided it was time to go home.

The evening was finished with a good dinner as Sagebrush (similar to a Logans).

Sunday was up, then head back to Nashville and a night of relaxing and chatting online.

Here's the link to this RenFaire's pics:

1 comment:

  1. ok so your old prof looks like a whacky childrens tv presented I used to know about. (seach rod hull & Emu). You are ok for now but you need to keep this up and post regularly or else *mwah hah ha*.......*HAH HAH HAH*

    ReplyDelete