Tuesday, May 12, 2009

quick note

I just wanted to let you know that I may be a bit out of it for a day or two.

I had to make the decision last night to put Boots to sleep. Over the past few days, she stared doing some new things, which made me wonder if she wasn't getting worse, that maybe there really was something wrong with her that didn't show on the bloodwork. The vet I took her to talked to me a long time, going over possible alternatives and reasons she might be doing things, other than medical reasons, that is. For each thing she suggested, I gave her things I had done. Told her this had been going on for 4 years. She said I (and Michael) deserve a gold star for trying that long, that most people would have done something long ago.
I tend to think most of her behavior problems were in her head, but since she'd lost about 1/2 lb in just a short time (when you're only 6 lbs to begin with, 1/2 lb is alot to loose), I think it could have been something medical starting to present itself.
I don't know.
But I've been told I've made the best choice.
I'm worried about Mercury - he hasn't been an "only cat" since he was very young, but I dont' want another animal. I hope he'll be fine. He hasn't left my side since I came home last night. I'll just have to watch him.
Anyway, wanted you to know.

3 comments:

  1. We will all share in a moment of silence for a lost companion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughts are with you Jenn. It will take merc a long time and he may be very clingy with you but he will cope, as will you *HUGGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for your thoughts. They mean so much to me.

    ReplyDelete