Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sewing, since that's what's going on. . .

Ok, here I go again. . . lol

Ok, my outfit for the Renaissance Faire is done except for tacking the sleeves of my chemise and making some kind of head cover. I finally got my grommets! Stupid Wal-Mart here has had them, until I needed more . . . now of course, they don't have them anymore. I ended up going to Cool Springs this morning to find some.
The last 2 pieces of my outfit are my shoes and belt. I'm making the shoes last, since I have something else I can use; and my belt should be here this week. I'm excited to see what it will look like all put together!

As for my friend Jamie's, I have the chemise cut out and all but 2 pieces of the outer dress cut out. I don't think either of them will take long to sew. I'll probably just get aggravated with all the fabric in the outer dress getting in the way.

While cutting out the dress, I had "Jekyll & Hyde the musical" playing. I'm sure my neighbors just loved my wonderful renditions of "This is the Moment" and "Murder, Murder"! LOL

If I don't have a late night at work tomorrow, I'd like to finish cutting everything out and possibly start piecing stuff together.

Well, I should call it a night, so my neighbors can take the cotton balls out of their ears. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. WooHoo! Go Grommets!

    When you get it all together, you know you can upload pictures right?!? Or is it bad luck to see the dress before the Ren Faire?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it would be bad luck /crosses fingers/ LOL
    My belt is *supposed* to get here today, so I may try to put the outfit somewhat together and get some preview pics on here, if I can figure out how! lol

    ReplyDelete