Well, let's see. . .here's some updates on my oh-so-exciting life! LOL
Of course, Ren Faire is the big thing.
As far as Jamie's dress goes, I'm almost finished. I need to attach the skirt to the top, add trim, and hem. That's about all. Mine is finished except for a few finishing touches.
But now, the forecast is calling for around a 40% chance of rain all weekend (/crosses fingers/ that the forecast will change). If it rains, I don't think Jamie will want to wear her dress. It's made of taffeta, which spots very easily. If she can't/doesn't want to dress up, I won't either. Sigh. But I'm determined to finish the dresses, just in case.
I also thought I'd make a list of things that I'd love to do in the next while. If anything strikes any one's fancy, you'd be weclcome to join me!
1. See movies: "Angels & Demons" (I loved the "Da Vinci Code" movie and book and want to read this book soon, too) and "Wolverine". There are others, but they are not out yet.
2. Go to the zoo: Some of you know this one already. Grassmere is the closest, and that would work, but there's also one in Knoxville and one in Memphis. Or if anyone has any other ideas. . .
3. Go to the Aquarium: Yesterday was a travel day for me - I went down to Chattanooga for the clinic, and went right by the aquarium there. It takes a little less than 2 hours to get there from my apartment. The next closest one is in Gatlinburg.
4. Go on hiking/walking trails at some parks.
That's a good part of my list. lol
I have plans for this Saturday (the Festival, possibly) and the first weekend of June. Then, I am going to have to find a part-time job starting in late June/early July. I will only have a few more full weekends free (although I hope to be off on most Sundays after I get another job), so I want to take advantage of them!
That's pretty much it. . .like I said, "exciting". LOL
I'll get finished pics of the dresses up soon, even if we don't end up wearing them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

/crosses fingers for a dry weekend!
ReplyDeleteIf not, I'll be wearing ye ole medieval poncho! Your activities sound like a good time, just let me know when and were you go and I'll try to make it!