The skirt will be gathered at the top so it is fitted. Now, the skirt I've done is made of 6 panels. The pattern calls for 8. I think you'll be able to see why I only used 6. The pics were taken with the dress spread out on my bed (a queen size) in roughly the middle of the bed. You will see how full the skirt is!!
Obviously, there are no sleeves yet. . .I"ll be working on that soon :)
So, still much work to do, but it's getting there!

Jamie's going to be the belle of the ball! Kinda ironic that the belle owes it all to a very talented peasant, medievally speaking of course.
ReplyDeleteI give you thanks, good sir. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI think it's going to be a very nice (if slightly heavy) dress! I'm anxious to see it with the chemise to see how it looks! Plus, there's all the beautiful trim Jamie bought!